The following Skyrail-ITM statement addresses relevant privacy issues.
Skyrail-ITM is committed to ensuring the privacy of individuals' information. Skyrail-ITM respects the need for confidentiality of information and provides a secure framework to protect personal details, held by Skyrail-ITM, from collection of information, use and disclosure, storage, security and accessibility.
The Skyrail-ITM privacy statement outlines:
- Collection of personal information.
- Use of personal information.
- Safekeeping of personal information.
- Privacy concerns response procedures.
1. Collection of personal information
- Skyrail-ITM collects personal information directly from individuals in a number of ways. These may include: application forms, questionnaires, telephone and facsimile correspondence or contact in person.
- Personal information collected by Skyrail-ITM may include: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number and expiry date.
- For every visitor to the Skyrail-ITM website our web server collects personal information for statistical purposes. Information identified includes the number of users visiting the site, traffic patterns, origin of users and referring sites. This is unidentified data and no attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities. The information is only used to assess our website performance and to help improve the overall content and layout of the site.
2. Use of personal information
Personal information will be used by Skyrail-ITM under the following conditions:
- Skyrail-ITM will not use personal information, for any purpose, which is not related to the services or products Skyrail-ITM provides to individuals. Skyrail-ITM may use personal information to inform individuals of other Skyrail-ITM products/services which Skyrail-ITM feels may be of some interest/benefit to the individual.
- Skyrail-ITM will not disclose personal information to third parties except where it is required by law.
- Skyrail-ITM will only disclose personal information with the individual's consent.
- Skyrail-ITM will not disclose personal information to any third party individual or entity for marketing purposes.
Web server visitor information will only be used to assess our website performance and to help improve the overall content and layout of the site.
At any time, individuals have the right to request that Skyrail-ITM remove their personal details from any Skyrail-ITM marketing activity.
3. Safekeeping of personal information
- Skyrail-ITM takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever information is collected or used. If individuals find that the current personal information that Skyrail-ITM holds is inaccurate, the individual may approach Skyrail-ITM and the information will be amended.
- Skyrail-ITM protects personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Personal information may be stored in either electronic data or hard copy documents.
- Only Skyrail-ITM authorised users may access personal information and only for approved purposes.
- All Skyrail-ITM employees and representatives are aware of their obligations under the Privacy Act legislation and Skyrail-ITM's own, specific privacy requirements. All Skyrail-ITM employees sign Confidentiality Agreements' as a condition of employment.
4. Concerns and information regarding Skyrail-ITM privacy
If you believe that your personal information has been compromised in any way, please contact the Skyrail-ITM Privacy Officer, who will be your first point of contact should a privacy issue arise. Our Privacy Officer will investigate your complaint in confidence and make a formal response to you.
If you are dissatisfied with our internal complaint process the complaint will be passed onto the Privacy Commissioner.
If you have any further questions relating to the Skyrail-ITM Privacy Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- The Privacy Officer - Skyrail-ITM
- PO Box 888
- Cairns, Queensland, 4870, Australia
- Tel: +61 7 4042 2200
- Fax: +61 7 4031 3400